Have you any vacancies for my child?
- Maybe. Send an email to find out. We have a waiting list, however, spaces open up all the time.
Do you go anywhere outside of nursery?
- Yes! we take our children to Florence Park at times and on outings to places that can provide what we cannot.
We also visit the local library, and may take children to local attractions such as museums, farms and other appropriate places of interest such as the theatre.
How do you teach my child?
- We follow the Early Years curriculum, and we have a flexible timetable that allows for children to participate in large and small group experiences
We pride ourselves on being a friendly, fun loving and well qualified team who strive to provide the best care for your child. The children come first, and we ensure that they all have their individual needs met, so that we can help them reach their full learning potential, and be happy in our care. We do this by following our moto: Love, Live & Learn.
We believe that children learn through play, and so we use child initiated play and games to provide learning opportunities alongside our adult planned activities.
We deliver the best childcare and education by ensuring that all our staff have in-depth knowledge and understanding gained through continuing professional development and training.
Our friendly, highly-trained staff are focused on providing fun and education in our happy and loving environment. They work to ensure your child develops as an individual whilst helping to nurture and encourage learning through discovery and enjoyment.
Not only do we offer education through creativity and play but pride ourselves in understanding the importance of instilling confidence and enthusiasm from an early age. We want our little ones to feel secure and happy from the start so they can’t wait to come back tomorrow!
Why choose us?
If you choose to send your child to Little Treasure Day Nursery, you can be assured that:
- The physical environment is safe, well organised and stimulating.
- All activities, resources and equipment are appropriate for the children’s ages and stages of development.
- Where appropriate, children are given opportunities to become involved in their own learning environment including the setting of rules and boundaries.
- When they are actively included in positive play with adults, children are less likely to adopt inappropriate behaviour.
- Once expectations have been made clear, children receive praise readily from the staff. We also believe that children develop best when:
- They know what is expected of them and they are free to learn and play in an organised way where good behaviour is positively encouraged.
- Opportunities for inappropriate behaviour are minimised.
- We provide a caring environment that is safe, happy, stable and secure;
- Opportunities for meaningful play is encouraged so children learn to be independent and self-motivated;
- A positive, praising environment promotes a child’s self-esteem
- Social responsibility and self-discipline is promoted and developed
- Children are helped to develop good language and communication skills
- The staff show children that learning is fun
- The nursery works in close partnership with parents and carers
- Both boys and girls are shown how and encouraged to be active and nurturing
- Our curriculum promotes a balance of child led and adult led activities
- We help children to develop fine and large motor skills
- Heaps of opportunities for active, outdoor play are provided
- We observe, assess and record the children’s development to ensure continuity and progression
- The nursery facilitates a smooth transition from nursery to primary school.